PDA

View Full Version : Sold Item - Money Gram Express?

2BOYSandTOYS
13th July 2005, 08:56 PM
Hello fellow eBid folks! I've had some items listed for a while, and was very happy to find one sold this morning. However, I'm not real sure what to "do" at this point, as the item is marked paid, and the item suggests the buyer has paid using Money Gram Express.

I've not recieved anything in my e-mail telling me I got $$ anywhere; does anyone know how this works and if I'm to expect electronic funds or if this comes USPS?

I did sign up for a PPPay account, but it's not showing any activity. My description says I accept PPPay, Paypal, Money Orders and Cashier's Checks.

Any help, insight or sharing would be awesome. I'll be on/off the next few days; I've had a death in my family. But - if anyone has advice on this, please let me know...

TIA!!!

paladinz2k
13th July 2005, 09:08 PM
MoneyGramŪ eMoney Transfer is the latest in convenient, affordable and reliable money transfer services from MoneyGram. The new service allows consumers in the U.S. to send MoneyGramŪ money transfers quickly using the Internet, and recipients can usually pick up the funds in minutes at any of MoneyGram's 75,000 agent locations (http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/DefaultApplyXSL?xslURL=/Display/temgweb.xsl&URL=/Apps/AgentLocator/AgentSearch.jsp) around the world. Customers in the U.S. can also make same-day bill payments to hundreds of companies by sending a MoneyGramŪ ExpressPayment SM on-line.

Well if you dont advertise it as a payment option I'd be asking them to pay by an accepted means.

It seems you have to go and collect the payment in person. I'm always wary of scammers when someone insists on paying by some method I have not advertised myself as accepting. Possibly someone hoping you'll send the goods before going off to collect the payment which doesnt exist?

What is the auction id and buyers id/location?

cutpricegoodies
14th July 2005, 08:02 AM
Probably Nigeria.

2BOYSandTOYS
14th July 2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the replies and information... The item ID # is 1120664034-27914-0. The email confirming the sale suggests the buyer is in NY.

It seems as if they intended to send the funds electronically as the mention of "express" is in the auction info. I didn't get any notification of "money pending", payment pending, etc.

I've sent a message to the buyer explaining my typical payment methods. I've not yet heard anything back - hummmm...

I'll be certain to share the outcome in case others experience this type of scenario! Thanks again - any other "words of wisdom" are definitely appreciated!!

paladinz2k
14th July 2005, 03:48 PM
as i said above, you collect the money from an authorised office.

MoneyGramŪ e-Money Transfer (http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/DefaultApplyXSL?xslURL=/Display/temgweb.xsl&URL=/Document/s3_1_MoneyGram_eMoney__Transfer.xml) is the latest in convenient, affordable and reliable money transfer services from MoneyGram. The new service allows consumers to send money using the Internet, and recipients can usually pick up the funds in minutes at any of MoneyGram's 75,000 agent locations (http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/DefaultApplyXSL?xslURL=/Display/temgweb.xsl&URL=/Apps/AgentLocator/AgentSearch.jsp) around the world.

startthebiddinglow
14th July 2005, 06:41 PM
as i said above, you collect the money from an authorised office.
Does that not include some/all post offices, or am I getting it mixed up with something else?

2BOYSandTOYS
14th July 2005, 07:08 PM
Well - the way I understand the information in/on the link, there is Money Gram (you pick up the $$) and then there is Money Gram Express - an electronic submission.

When I visited the site, it also appeared that you can "get" Money Gram checks - which appear to look like a Cashier's check or a Money Order...

I'm not certain if this aligns with the Post Office or not - I didn't see a mention of that on the web site, but could have missed it.

I'm hopeful the buyer will respond to my e-mail. This is surely a new one for me!

paladinz2k
15th July 2005, 01:56 AM
Does that not include some/all post offices, or am I getting it mixed up with something else?

From their site, UK offices are mostly American Express and holiday firms, i didnt see any mention of a post office, tho i didnt really look too hard.