PDA

View Full Version : eBooks are a thorne in the side of ebid and it's sellers

les24548
28th April 2005, 01:56 PM
Hi
eBooks are a thorn in the side of ebid and it's sellers.
Many sellers are getting either suspended or all their item's removed without a care as to other listed items that are non ebooks, but get chopped all the same.
Over the last year there are more and more ebooks being produced replacing the outdated conventional methods.
Just looking at catagory listings you will be hard pushed to find any catagory without someone has slipped in an ebook.
A Catagory strictly for ebooks would benifit all as it would reclaim advert space in most catagory's and all listed in 1 place, plus buyers looking in, shall we say "Pet's" will not be looking at ebooks for shall we say "Education".

SO COME ON EBID THIS SHOULD BE A USEFUL CATAGORY!

This might also free up the system and the Auction Patrol can possibly spend less time searching for them in different catagory's and look for the high amount of LINKS that take buyers from ebid auction and you suddenly appear at ebay auction?? These are sellers that have used ebid as a launchpad for their ebay auctions and visa versa.
Sorry it's a long thread but it doe's need looking at.

Regards LES

fivebyfive
28th April 2005, 04:27 PM
I also think that there should be a category for ebooks , after all you can buy them on amazon for example :)
..the last time I was looking for a book on amazon I had the option to download it as an ebook :)

indycosignments
28th April 2005, 04:55 PM
I also think that there should be a category for ebooks , after all you can buy them on amazon for example :)
..the last time I was looking for a book on amazon I had the option to download it as an ebook :)

I think admind should take a POLL from all the PRESENT Registered eBid
Members.............a Simple "YAH" or "NAH" for an addition of a e-Book category. This would be a democratic way for ellimanating negative reviews or disputing, eBid so far has a HUGE membership.....it would be interesting to see the results........

Sincerely,

fivebyfive
28th April 2005, 07:04 PM
I think admind should take a POLL from all the PRESENT Registered eBid
Members.............a Simple "YAH" or "NAH" for an addition of a e-Book category. This would be a democratic way for ellimanating negative reviews or disputing, eBid so far has a HUGE membership.....it would be interesting to see the results........

Sincerely,

excellent suggestion :) :)

*artsbanquet*
28th April 2005, 07:38 PM
Yay. Yeh? Ay!

Yes. Not all E-books are bad. Have bought E-books before and some are really good.

virtual_bootsale
29th April 2005, 02:39 PM
The really sad thing is that genuine authors are releasing new books on E-book format as this cuts out the production and postage cost. This means that the authors can sell their work direct at a massive saving to the buyer and still make a better profit than doing the traditional publishing route.
I for example have the sole rights to sell Sell Self Protection books on Ebid & Ebay from one particilar company. I have also aquired the publisher and author rights to sell over 20 E-book versions of the same books. Im the only person in the country allowed to do so yet Ebid will not let me sell the E-books. Ive emailed them to seek permission to try sell these E-books but not had any response.
Im not trying to sell pirated or stolen E-books.... Im trying to promote only books I have rights to sell.

So figure out where the problem is with my request? I cant see one.

jongla
29th April 2005, 06:46 PM
I agree. I have created several eBooks myself, but am not allowed to recoup my costs by selling them on eBid. According to the listing policies they are technically OK to sell - it only mentions eBook multiple listings. However, I learnt by experience that they were banned, when my account was suspended.

eBooks are not banned on any other auction site, so why are they banned on eBid?!