PDA

View Full Version : Ello Babs

gothica
21st December 2004, 11:08 PM
http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/community/images/smilies/biggrin.gif LOL I can seeeeeeeeeeee you

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:09 PM
dont know how cos i cant see anyone at all dont like this prefer the old ones

feebee65
21st December 2004, 11:10 PM
I can't see nobody! Lol what do you think babs? http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/community/images/smilies/tongue.gif

pasiphae
Go to USER CP and you can switch tonnes of extra stuff back on.

gothica
Babs I really dont think the admin had a lot of choice in the matter

gothica
21st December 2004, 11:11 PM
LOl I can see you but thats cos you are now on my buddy list Fee ;)

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:11 PM
where the heck is user cp whatever that is

pasiphae
21st December 2004, 11:12 PM
where the heck is user cp whatever that is
Look in the blue bar at the top left - its the equivalent of your profile

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:14 PM
ok found it adam what the hell am i supposed to do with it I dont like this at all and dont think i will be posting much in here its a load of crap IMO

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:15 PM
fee that link is useless tried to download it ages ago and it says database cant be found sod it I give up now this is totally useless IMO

pasiphae
21st December 2004, 11:17 PM
Why? Because its different?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FFS people its just a forum piece of software. I've spent a whole load of last night commiserating a mate who lost his whole website to this issue and it really does bring into focus just how trivial this is...

I spent a couple of hours going over my own with a fine tooth comb in paranoia - this php issue was serious

VERY SERIOUS.

So people don't like VBulletin, when you haven't bothered to give it a try. It could have been a lot worse.

You all had to learn to use the old forum

The maximun you've been on this is a day

Why not give it a try!

Hell the way this could have gone is a lot worse................

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:22 PM
ok adam so its only been a day but seen forums like this before and sorry but i dont like it and that my opinion anyway Not that it will matter to e bid they dont much care about forums anyway and as i am getting bills from them and no sales it dont much matter one way or another to me realy either.K so there have been problems but an e mail would have been nice to let us all know whats going on to say the least. am grumpy tonight anyway so might feel better in the morning.

pasiphae
21st December 2004, 11:24 PM
ok adam so its only been a day but seen forums like this before and sorry but i dont like it and that my opinion anyway Not that it will matter to e bid they dont much care about forums anyway and as i am getting bills from them and no sales it dont much matter one way or another to me realy either.K so there have been problems but an e mail would have been nice to let us all know whats going on to say the least. am grumpy tonight anyway so might feel better in the morning.
Considering they've been hacked (as the warning said) I doubt they were lucky in that the hacker sent them a warning postcard first.

If they had been hacked, then security is the first concern. And that will mean changes. If you've been broken into by a dodgy front door lock, the first thing you do is change the lock. And many of the websites I've been talking to report that the break in was due to forum software....

feebee65
21st December 2004, 11:38 PM
Got to sort this buddy stuff out! Thanks phil lol

Babs it's horrible but got no choice so see how we get on with it xx

Got to spend some time learning to navigate because I'm not familiar with this type of forum at all, I do miss the smileys, the ones on here are not very good

gothica
21st December 2004, 11:40 PM

Got to spend some time learning to navigate because I'm not familiar with this type of forum at all, I do miss the smileys, the ones on here are not very good
LOL buddy thing is cool ;)

Same here Feenever used this kind of forum layout before - but ill find all the bits and bobs eventually :D

feebee65
21st December 2004, 11:44 PM
LOL buddy thing is cool ;)

Same here Feenever used this kind of forum layout before - but ill find all the bits and bobs eventually :D
I like fiddling with bits and bobs pmsl :p

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:44 PM

yea I think its horrible as well but looks like we got no choice realy suppose the boys are to be thanked for at least giving us a forum but I am not in a good mood right now so biased I suppose The comfort of the old one I think

gothica
21st December 2004, 11:45 PM
I like fiddling with bits and bobs pmsl :p Ooooooh you are awful :D :D :D <----- my new equiv of laughing smiley

seaemelle
21st December 2004, 11:47 PM
I'm just clicking on all the buttons I can find (except the REPORT one;) ) to see what there is - if is says "advanced" something I'm turning it on to see what happens - it's going to take a little while for everyone to get their heads round it but I think once they have and the piccies are back up it will seem more like "home"

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:48 PM
ok clue me in where the heck is advanced then

feebee65
21st December 2004, 11:51 PM
http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/community/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/community/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://wrestler.ebid.co.uk/community/images/smilies/biggrin.gif Laffing! Can't put too many in or you can't post :(

gothica
21st December 2004, 11:53 PM
Babs

User CP (at the top)

You then have a table at the side of various menus you can alter the options on

seaemelle
21st December 2004, 11:53 PM
ok clue me in where the heck is advanced thenThere's several in different functions - one is immediately below the "Quick Reply" box - hit [ Go Advanced ] and you get the options for bold smilies fonts attachments etc

sweetmimi
21st December 2004, 11:55 PM
thanks you 2 will look in the morning not in any mood to look tonight too many things going around in my head at the moment and not related to e bid either