PDA

View Full Version : eBid & NoChex should join!

shockv2
10th July 2003, 03:50 PM
I think instead of PPPay.com eBid should join up with NoChex, as this is a UK Market site only! And not world wide like eBay.

Joining up with NoChex would be much better, as I think NoChex seem to be one of the best methods of payment ever! Even better than PayPal (Second Choice for me).

Gazza & Mark, Think about it, NoChex would attract more Sellers.

gazza
10th July 2003, 04:02 PM
PPPay is virtually the same as Nochex but has the added escrow payment option for security

G

b0oza
10th July 2003, 04:12 PM
Plus PPPAY is cheaper than nochex. I hate using nochex.. Prefer PPPay

shelly2
10th July 2003, 04:32 PM
It's not quite international yet but it's getting there give it time.
We have some overseas buyers and sellers on here already.
PPPay is a lot better than Nochex.. the added security of escrow is an added bonus.
I would like Fastpay as a clickable option one day as that is a brilliant payment option too, but in no hurry because I put a clickable link to pay in my auction anyway now.

Gilly

richyrooroll
10th July 2003, 04:57 PM
As a small time seller and buyer, Nochex works out to be quite expensive for me. It costs 99p to send payment from your bank account and 99p to withdraw funds to your bank account. This is why I dont think Nochex will ever be really popular. Who wants to pay an extra 99p to pay through Nochex???

I offer PPPay, Fastpay, Nochex and Paypal to my buyers and charge an extra 50p for payments through Paypal and Nochex to help cover my expenses. I charge no extra for payments through PPPay and Fastpay.

Fastpay is the cheapest option for a seller with PPPay a close second.

However, as a buyer I like to pay through Paypal or Fastpay as it either costs me nothing (Paypal, if the sellers dont add an extra charge) or 20p for paying thorugh Fastpay.

To cut a long story short, the best 2 I have come across is Fastpay and PPPay. They are leagues ahead of the others.

shockv2
10th July 2003, 05:13 PM
Fair enuff, thats your opinions, and I think you might be correct. But although this is the case, the best method still is cash in an envelope! :D

spireitedaz
10th July 2003, 05:40 PM
As a small time seller and buyer, Nochex works out to be quite expensive for me. It costs 99p to send payment from your bank account and 99p to withdraw funds to your bank account. This is why I dont think Nochex will ever be really popular. Who wants to pay an extra 99p to pay through Nochex???

I offer PPPay, Fastpay, Nochex and Paypal to my buyers and charge an extra 50p for payments through Paypal and Nochex to help cover my expenses. I charge no extra for payments through PPPay and Fastpay.

However, as a buyer I like to pay through Paypal or Fastpay as it either costs me nothing (Paypal, if the sellers dont add an extra charge) or 20p for paying thorugh Fastpay.

To cut a long story short, the best 2 I have come across is Fastpay and PPPay. They are leagues ahead of the others.

Depends how you use Nochex. If you load your nochex account with say £50 and make 10 purchases of £5. That works out at less than 10p pre transaction. Fastpay which is also a great service would cost you £2.00 for 10 transactions. Not sure of PPpay costs but have a sneaking feeling it would cost you £4.90 for 10 transactions.

So the cheapest option depends how you use their services, Fastpay seems to be the cheapest, but Nochex can also be cheap if you use it wisely. PPpay is cheaper for people who pay for items one a time, and don't want to use Fastpay.

Money can also be saved by not transferring the balance back to your bank account, and using the funds to make further purchases.

richyrooroll
10th July 2003, 07:46 PM
Nochex can also be cheap if you use it wisely.
spireitedaz, you made some very relevant points there that I hadnt even considered. Personally though, I dont use Nochex enough to justify sending payments with it.

I think we can all agree though that Paypal is a bag of s*** for sellers though :evil:

shockv2
10th July 2003, 08:03 PM
Totally agree....

peddler
10th July 2003, 08:30 PM
Hiya

I haven't started listing yet but will be soon as Ebay for some unknown reason has suspended my account. Perhaps it was that I signed with Ebid who know..

Anway I use Nochex extensively use a merchant account and draw say every £500 or if I get really broke. Because I always have plenty in the cost is virtually nothing so I find there is no need to add any surcharge.

Paypal which I reluctantly use as this allows me to accept CC so I might have to add a 4% surcharge but if there is any other reliable service I'd dump Paypal like a shot.

shockv2
12th July 2003, 07:41 PM
Hmm, Yeah I agree......I don't really fund much money in to my e-Accounts, i.e. NoChex or PayPal, so I am more of an fee saver!

shockv2
Hmm, Yeah I agree......I don't really fund much money in to my e-Accounts, i.e. NoChex or PayPal, so I am more of an fee saver!

shockv2

skystrike
28th July 2003, 09:55 PM
Nochex does seem to be dying, it was created before Paypal dealt in £ Sterling and after a scare a year or more ago where everyone rushed to get their money out at once (rumours that they'd legged it with the money and such).

They stopped people logging in very quickly but didn't make any announcement, which made rumours spread faster...

I don't think it's been popular with sellers since then :(

oddsnends
29th July 2003, 05:30 PM
Fastpay from Natwest is growing in popularity. It only costs 20p to send money and nothing to upload or download into your account.

roman423
16th August 2003, 02:52 PM
Strange that the 'non escrow' paypal etc havent adoped a similar
method in addition to their services, after all if it was to become the norm,
then we buyers would bid far more freely. I have sympathy for sellers
using escrow in as much that they are usually trusting the buyer to accept
delivered goods, which in (especially software), can be copied,or goods could be damaged on purpose and sent back if a buyer changes his/her mind.
But hopefully this kind of trickery is small time only? Trust is here to stay.
:wink:

javababe79
16th August 2003, 07:28 PM

Actually, Egg Pay is the cheapest because *all* transactions are free. However, I do think that FastPay is a great service and it is certainly growing in popularity! :)