PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Postcards

20sent06
30th December 2015, 05:41 PM
I wonder if stamp collectors also like to collect Postcards that feature stamps?

Cancelcollector
31st December 2015, 08:49 PM
I personally don't-- I have a few postcards in my stamp collection because the stamps on them were used at a time or place that's relevant to my collection but I don't have them "because they are post cards."

Similarly, my wife collects postcards, but the stamps on used ones are only relevant to her in the sense that they provide a date/place of usage, not because they are stamps.

~Peter

20sent06
31st December 2015, 09:49 PM
I wonder if stamp collectors also like to collect Postcards that feature stamps?

I am talking about these types of postcards:

Cancelcollector
1st January 2016, 06:47 PM
I imagine "souvenir postcards" like these are a collectible onto themselves... I suppose they might be interesting to a "general" stamp collector. They are certainly quite colourful and interesting. Personally, not really my bag as they are contrived, rather than something that happened as a natural carrying of the post. But that's just me.

~Peter

20sent06
17th January 2016, 11:24 AM
I imagine "souvenir postcards" like these are a collectible onto themselves... I suppose they might be interesting to a "general" stamp collector. They are certainly quite colourful and interesting. Personally, not really my bag as they are contrived, rather than something that happened as a natural carrying of the post. But that's just me.

~Peter

They are absolutely delicious!

What better way to show off a countries' stamp issue... and when they are postally used from that place... wow! a bonus!