PDA

View Full Version : Ebidders have helped the flood victims in Pakistan

cornishmaid1961
6th September 2010, 01:09 PM
The postman brought me some good news this morning.
Our last Shelterbox has been dispatched.

Thanks to your generosity from previous YDC charity auctions the charity 'Shelterbox' have been able to send out another box of equipment to the flood victims in Pakistan. Thank you so much to everybody that helped. It means that another ten people that have lost everything now have some shelter and survival equipment.

http://www.primepottery.com/photos/4c84e92f46918.jpg
(%3Cp%3E%3Cimg%20src=)
(%3Cp%3E%3Cimg%20src=)

MagnetsAndHangers
6th September 2010, 01:16 PM
I think this is terrific, but wouldnt it make more sense for them to send the ''thank you'' letters by email?

That way, they would save £1.00 for every 3 letters sent out, and could put that towards the charity.

cornishmaid1961
6th September 2010, 01:22 PM
I have to agree somewhat Magz but they also send out publicity about the charity in the same envelope that can be circulated to other people to raise awareness of what they are doing so it's not a total waste.

I have visited the charity myself and seen their operations and they spend their money very wisely. I really like that they have set their base up in the small town of Helston in Cornwall so that their overheads are very low.

Just editing to say that another reason why they might use post is that not everybody that donates will have internet access. Also because some of the boxes are stored, until a disaster happens and they are needed, there is the possibility that email addresses might have been changed in the mean time.

HerMajesty
6th September 2010, 02:41 PM
That's good news - there sure are a lot of people there in great need.

cornishmaid1961
7th September 2010, 09:33 AM
That's good news - there sure are a lot of people there in great need.

There certainly are but thanks to the generosity of people bidding in the YDC at least now ten people have some help which is wonderful news. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvfcja.gif

HerMajesty
7th September 2010, 09:36 AM
No kidding.......no man is an island.......and we never know when disaster may befall any of us. It's all about helping family, as we are all related anyway, IMHO