PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this message?

pique
24th March 2010, 10:18 AM
Just went to log in for the second time this morning and had a message saying we had been banned from ebid for life. It then said we have changed our email address, which we have not and we had to reset our password. Is it me?

somersethedge
24th March 2010, 10:28 AM
yes it is..... or at least ways I am not having the problem

gazza
24th March 2010, 10:43 AM
There is no message that states anyone has been banned from eBid for life. Can you give us more details or a screenshot.

Thx
Gazza

pique
24th March 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Gazza

Its gone now - it was there honestly, I didn't imagine it. It clearly said a ban was in place and it was a lifetime ban and said something like when lifted - never.

We were also asked to reset our email address and password (which has not changed for at least a year). We are in now and so I'll let you know if it happens again.

Phil

sketchtech
24th March 2010, 11:08 AM
Hi Gazza

ban was in place and it was a lifetime ban and said something like when lifted - never.

Phil

I normally get that on some of the forums I join after a while. :D

Everything seems ok on here, I just tried logging in twice and no message.

papagran40
24th March 2010, 11:15 AM
this sounds like a scam to me , good job you got rid of it ...papa.

FBNeNotes
24th March 2010, 11:32 AM
Perhaps you did not go to... ebid.net??
there are other eBid domains, that are not our eBid.

Armstrongs
24th March 2010, 11:33 AM
There is no message that states anyone has been banned from eBid for life. Can you give us more details or a screenshot.

Thx
Gazza

Hi Gazza

I had that a few days ago too!

You have been banned for the following reason:
please contact support
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Ticket Number was 48238

This is the reply:
eMails to your email address on file on 22nd Mar 2010 bounced back. Please attempt to login and resolve. Once done, forum access will be granted.

Best Wishes
eBid Support Team
I think this has something to do with closing hundreds of listings at the same time......

Seems a bit odd to be banned from the forum when it's a problem with the "operational site" :confused:

Yvonne x

somersethedge
24th March 2010, 11:40 AM
I didn't get the banned message but a while back I had a message from ebid stating that my emil address bounced back and ebid wanted me to change my password.

gazza
24th March 2010, 11:44 AM
If emails to you are bouncing you will be asked to enter a new email address when logging into the main site. The message you saw was on the forums and is there until the problem is fixed at the main site.

Beforehand access to the forums was still available whilst access to the main site was not, now both are unavailable until an accessible email address is added to the main site.

I will change the message to make this clearer.

Thx

Armstrongs
24th March 2010, 11:50 AM
Hi

I "reset" my email & password to exactly as they were before,

& i'm receiving ebid emails perfectly ok.

The pre-curser to this event was me closing 950 listings at the same time. I had a few "email summaries"....but perhaps my isp bounced even more as being an excessive amount of identical emails.....:confused:

Yvonne x