PDA

View Full Version : Won't let me start 2nd store - says one with that name already exists

HerMajesty
15th February 2010, 12:46 PM
When I went to open a second store, and give it the name The Bees Knees, I got clear to the part where I put in the color options for the type etc, and clicked on save section tow. It flipped me to a page where it said a store with that name already exists. I had done a store search with that name, as well as variations on it....beesknees, thebeesknees, Bees Knees, etc.....and none showed up. byKimbo suggested I delete the one I was trying to set up and start again. I deleted last night and started again this morning. Same problem. What shall I do?? (Wrings hands in despair):confused:

astral276
15th February 2010, 12:52 PM
I think I have heard of this problem before and the solution is to contact admin.

You could try creating the store under another name, save it, and then go back in and try editing the store name. Might work....might not.

HerMajesty
15th February 2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks - I don't know how to contact admin except through here.......guess I'm just slow.

moonwitch
15th February 2010, 12:57 PM
I deleted one of my stores and tried to name another with the same name at a later date and got the same message.

No-one on here has stores the same name as mine

astral276
15th February 2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks - I don't know how to contact admin except through here.......guess I'm just slow.

Either via the Contact Us tab here: http://uk.ebid.net/help_main.php or direct via email. (see: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral.project/tips_and_tricks.htm#a0000)

HerMajesty
15th February 2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks - you are all my pals!! You will have to come to the palace for tea someday.

Thanks so much! I contacted admin and we will see what happens.

astral276
15th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks - you are all my pals!! You will have to come to the palace for tea someday.

Looks a bit remote for my taste. ;)

Thanks so much! I contacted admin and we will see what happens.I get the impression that they maintain a list of all store names ever created. If a store is then subsequently deleted the name is not then released for re-use unless they manually delete it from the list.

bluebedouin
15th February 2010, 02:21 PM
It could also be that the store is offline.I have another one I set up a while ago (The Bedford CF Parts Store) which I never got round to filling.It doesn't show in a search but is still on my list.

HerMajesty
15th February 2010, 02:28 PM
It could also be that the store is offline.I have another one I set up a while ago (The Bedford CF Parts Store) which I never got round to filling.It doesn't show in a search but is still on my list.

Aha!! Well, a real possibility, I'd say. Esp since I have it all ready to go!!! lol thanks! Will keep you updated, as it may help us all in the future.