PDA

View Full Version : ebid and goggle.

maljosselection
8th March 2008, 12:13 PM
If I understand correctly google pick up ebid items listed on buy it now.I have checked a couple of my items which I think qualify. the ladies desk and the Yew chest of draws. Not able to find them on a google search.Plenty of similar items from the other side. Is my listing wrong for google to pick up on?

Armstrongs
8th March 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Maljo

Google Products.
To qualify for uploads, items need to be:
1) Legal
2) have a BuyNow price
3) Have at least 7 days remaining OR are On First Bid OR are Run Until Sold at 5am on the 8th, 18th and 28th of each month, when the updates take place.

hope this helps

Yvonne x

maljosselection
8th March 2008, 12:41 PM
Ah! I thought the 5th was a qualifying day. So this being the 8th maybe I will see some shows tomorrow.

maljosselection
8th March 2008, 01:45 PM
Just a thought How long after the 8th would you expext a show on google?

iwiw60
8th March 2008, 03:13 PM
I'm confused (nothing new)...the Google Store Connector, to my understanding, will only pick up listings from eBay and Yahoo at the present time.

Could someone tell me if eBid has a deal going with Google yet to pick up eBid listings as a whole? This would be a tremendous boon to eBid sellers!!

When I was selling on feebay, I had a lot of sales from visitors via Google search...am hoping that eBid will get on the bandwagon with Google, too.

The Tattered Hydrangea

madelaine
8th March 2008, 04:02 PM
yes, items from ebid do show on Google, see post #2 on this thread for the qualifying conditions. Personally, I run almost all my listings with a bin, but go for around 14 days duration, so they are picked up by google at least some of the time but also progress up the listings. Run till sold are always at the bottom.

kengillam
8th March 2008, 06:13 PM
If you list with a longer period and have some finishing each day, you should maintain a continuous presence on Google that way, once they look at one item hopefully they look at your other listings as well, and other peoples :)

BAGHAG999
8th March 2008, 06:59 PM
Normally i find it takes about 3 days to show on google after they have been uploaded.

maljosselection
8th March 2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks. Baghag

LaVidalerie
10th April 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi, I've been trying to check if my items are showing up in Google and did the following search:-
""Sterling Silver Wine Bottle Charm - 925 Argent Vin""
but it brings up 2 items, one is right (wine bottle charm) but the other is for another of my listings for a sexy witch figure ?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?

madelaine
10th April 2008, 04:47 PM
I shouldn't worry about it - appearing in Google is the main thing, but did you search google or google products?

drcooper
10th April 2008, 05:04 PM
Hi, I've been trying to check if my items are showing up in Google and did the following search:-
""Sterling Silver Wine Bottle Charm - 925 Argent Vin""
but it brings up 2 items, one is right (wine bottle charm) but the other is for another of my listings for a sexy witch figure ?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?

Are you searching via Google Shopping or just Google Web?

In any case, perhaps it also crawls or indexes the text in the More By This Seller section on the right of a listing.

LaVidalerie
10th April 2008, 05:41 PM
I was carrying out a Google search. It's just a bit worrying that it is finding the wrong items but as you say maybe it was an item listed in "more by this seller". Many thanks for the replies.

SalusLibrorum
20th April 2008, 01:01 AM
Google Search for a video (http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=pavarotti+vhs&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd)

There are two products for eBid there, one of which is mine, BUT, they both have the same two reviews on them, and neither are anything to do with me! Why do I appear to have someone's rather less than completely complimentary feedback against one of my items, when they are nothing to do with either me or the item? One of them is complaining about getting the wrong colour and is complaining about late dispatch.

I can see why I might not be selling anything.....

Anyone any idea where they've come from, and how I can get rid of them?

SalusLibrorum
20th April 2008, 01:11 AM
Silver Charm (http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=sterling+silver+cupid+with+charm&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd)

There seems to be something wrong with eBid items on Google Products? They've all got the same two reviews against them - could this be having a bad effect on our sales?

BetamOnline
20th April 2008, 10:27 PM
ebid should make the URL avaliable for each seller so they can promote their site on google.

leadhillsonline
20th April 2008, 10:35 PM
Silver Charm (http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=sterling+silver+cupid+with+charm&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd)

There seems to be something wrong with eBid items on Google Products? They've all got the same two reviews against them - could this be having a bad effect on our sales?

This has already been discussed in the following thread. Hopefully Gazza or Mark will respond. :)

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=103610

madelaine
21st April 2008, 09:28 AM
How do I review a seller on Googlecheckout, please?